Monday, February 25, 2013

A Loser's Strategy

Highlight
The average person who avoids losing and expects to win 100 percent of the time is the person who often has the loser's strategy. Expecting to win 100 percent of the time and never failing is a loser's reality. As rich dad said, "A winning strategy must include losing."

.. That is a plan that has no room for losing, and that is why it is a loser's plan. Winners know that losing should be part of any plan.

(Extract from 'Rich Dad's Retire Young Retire Rich' by Robert T. Kiyosaki)



My thought:
Growing up admiring Arsenal's unbeaten season 2003/2004 leads me to adopt the wrong philosophy of 100% winning and pursuit of perfection. In Football Manager, I expect my teams to win every single trophy  and never lose a single game in any of the season.

Today I have learnt a good lesson and it is time to accept the idea that losing is part of winning. It is also important to have a contingency plan.    

No comments:

Post a Comment